2018 was definitely a growing year for me. I had some happy moments, but also some sad and really stressful times. Despite the hard times though, I’m thankful for all the new things I got to do and try that I want to share them below:
- Korean Skincare Routine – This was the year I discovered Korean skincare and I have been loving it. It’s affordable compared to items on Sephora and best of all it’s effective. I just love how it transformed my skin especially for makeup, which brings me to point #2.
- Makeup – I was never one to wear a lot that is until I discovered Korean skincare. With smooth and soft skin as a base, my makeup goes on naturally and now I’m a Sephora Insider (almost made it to VIB, but not quite).
- Investing – This was the year I started investing. I know I’m a little late, but I spent most of my twenties trying to get out of debt (student loans, etc.) and the start of 2018 was when I became debt free!
- I passed 2 of the 6 NCARB tests for my license, but I also failed one test 3 times. The third time was a low point for me.
- Austin, Texas – We went for a week and did a day trip to San Antonio to see the Alamo. We didn’t do much. It was raining for most of the time we were there so we stayed in and watched quite a bit of TV.
- Vancouver, BC – We went for 4 nights and 5 days.
- Day trip to L.A. – It was our first time flying to Los Angeles just for a day. We went to see the musical, the Color Purple, and I’m very open to the experience again in the future.
- Kevin Hart – We saw his show, “The Irresponsible Tour” and he’s hilarious!
- Miss Saigon – We finally saw it this year because the show came to San Francisco, and although the music is phenomenal, the story is so sad.
- Gucci bag – My first ever luxury purchase was this year in Austin, Texas. For me, buying a luxury bag was to celebrate my becoming debt-free.
- Cordless Dyson – This is a game changer because now I love vacuuming and I do it several times a week now. Cordless vacuuming is highly recommended.
- Crush – We saw Crush’s show in San Jose and he’s so good live. I’m quite impressed my his singing.
I hope next year will be a year of more new experiences. If I’m not trying new things, then I’m staying stagnant and to me it’s all about life experiences for self progression.